Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Usually Read the Tags on Clothing

I always kid my mom, because sometimes, she does not read the labels of what she buys.  She'll end up buying something completely opposite of what she wanted.  Well, she's going to have a field day with this.  I bought this dress at Gap at the end of last summer.  It was really cheap, and I thought it was so summery with all of the flowers.  I think I tried it on quickly, and it seemed to fit well.  I wore it on Wednesday, because I thought it went very nicely with this chunky necklace I'm wearing.  When I was changing out of it, I finally read the label.  What did I see?  It's Gap MATERNITY!  It's not like I was in the maternity section of Gap.  I was just looking through the clearance section; clearly a case of me being so wrapped up in making a great purchase that I didn't even think to look at the tag!  Anyway, I still like the dress, but I'll always chuckle to myself when I wear it and think: like mother, like daughter.  Perhaps next time, it could use a belt at the waist.

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Gap Maternity ;)
Shoes: Kenneth Cole via Marshall's
Necklace: Calypso St. Barth for Target 



No comments:

Post a Comment