Sunday, July 17, 2011

An Eastern Gift

This is how I know my shopping ban (though over) has taught me something.  Last weekend in NJ, my aunt & I visited a shop in Montclair which sells handmade clothing.  I grew up in Montclair, and I remember this shop from years ago.  It was the shop I went into with my mom, aunt, sister & cousins all of the time.  We were looking around, and I tried on a dress that I liked but decided not to buy.  The reasoning?  Well, it was the first shop we went into & I thought it might be an impulse purchase.  Fast forward to the next day, and I decided I wanted to go back & buy the dress.  At that point, I knew I wanted it.  It was a no go.  My aunt had told me the only day that shop was closed was Sunday, and I was leaving that afternoon.  Although I had regret, I chalked it up to my not being meant to have that dress.  A few days later, I arrived home from work & an exhausting workout to discover a package from my aunt.  As soon as I saw it, I knew inside lay the dress.  I was right!  I love my aunt & uncle for many reasons.  They are thoughtful, kind, fun & are always thinking of me.  I feel so lucky to have them in my life.  And...I love my new dress!


What I'm Wearing:
Dress:  Eastern Gifts, Montclair
Shoes: Dolce Vita for Target
Jewelry: Necklace via The Artisan Gallery, Northampton; Bracelets purchased in the East Village, NYC
Outtake: not sure what I'm running towards...


No comments:

Post a Comment