Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Calypso Girl

I lived in NYC for years before relocating to the small college town I call home now.  I spent 10 years working in the film & music industry before hanging up my hat on that world & deciding I wanted something different.  I lived all over Brooklyn & Manhattan during that time.  For the first 4 years, I lived on Mott/Houston in a rent controlled 2 bedroom with my sister.  Back then, Mott Street had just a few stores & the nickname of Nolita (North of Little Italy) had barely been known.  I lived across the street from Calypso St. Barth, a little boutique, which a ton of celebrities frequented.  I always marveled at the clothing, but I could never afford any of it.  A skirt at $390 was not exactly within my budget. 
I was tickled pink when I learned they were designing a line for Target.  I was there on opening day & purchased this dress & espadrilles.  I absolutely love these two items together, and I receive compliments when I wear them separately too!  Target is one of my favorite places now, especially since a ton of design houses have caught on to budget shopping.  September will see Missoni for Target, which you can bet will be worth a trip to a neighborhood Target.

What I'm Wearing:
Dress & Shoes: Calypso St. Barth for Target
Earrings: Faces via Northampton


No comments:

Post a Comment