Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Survival Kit

Hurricane freak out!
 I really tried to stay level headed about Hurricane Irene, but as you can see, that mentality went out the window.  With all of the news reports & hysteria of people around me, I soon caught the bug.  Wanna know a secret?  I don't have too many friends where I live.  I moved here about 5 years ago & while I've met a few people, it's really difficult to make friends here.  Don't get me wrong, I've made a couple of great friends.  I've found that Northampton is more of a stopover for most people.  They're here a few years and then they move on.  To be honest, I think Noho (as locals call it) will end up being a stopover for me as well.  There you have it!  I will be alone on Sunday (when Irene is scheduled to hit Western Mass).  As I'm sure there are other single gals alone on this day, I thought I'd share my survival kit...
Plenty of reading material


Candles, flashlights
A great outfit.... 
 What I'm Wearing:
Jeans: The Boyfriend Jean by Current/Elliott via Rue La La
Top: Cooperative via Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Oxfords by Cooperative via Urban Outfitters
Bracelet: Cocobelle
Belt: purchased in Paris
Sustenance
Plenty of fluids

No comments:

Post a Comment