Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Newport Folk Festival - Day 1!

The festival started at 11:30 on Saturday, and we arrived at 11:40 just in time to wander under the hot sun and catch the first performance, PS23 (a choir of children from NYC).  It was close to 90 the first day, and the sun did not let up all day long.  I was a trooper, in part thanks to my trusty hat which saved my face from sunburn.  My shoulders & back was not necessarily as lucky, but it was all worth it!  This dress was perfect for the festival.  I love the pattern & color, and I was really comfortable walking around in it all day!  Above is a picture from later in the day.  The Decemberists are closing out the first day in the background, and they were wonderful!  I think I saw about 10 bands the first day, which is in my mind, the perfect day.  Among them were PS23, The Cave Singers, Typhoon, Gillian Welch, Gogol Bordello, The Felice Brothers, and the list goes on and on!  I got a chance to discover a lot of new music, which I've been listening to on Spotify ever since I got home.
Enjoy the pics below and more to come later on...
The Cave Singers!

Sara & Me :)               

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Urban Outfitters
Hat: Gifted by my mom
Necklace: Jewelmint
Shoes: Naot (sorry you can't see them)

No comments:

Post a Comment