Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Strange Week

I returned to work on Wednesday after a long weekend.  I was the first to arrive, and as I tried to turn on the lights in the office, I couldn't.  Then, I tried to turn on my computer - nope.  I tried to use the phone - nothing.  The power was out in our office...and in the office next door...and in the entire building...and all over campus.  What's more...no one knew anything about why or when it would be turned back on.  Once the head honcho arrived in our office around 9, we all decided to head out for an office breakfast/coffee.  Upon our return at 10, we had a staff meeting outside so we didn't have to sit in the dark.  At 11:30 when the power was still out, we all left.  So, yes, I had the entire afternoon off of work.  I went for a walk, went to the gym, Barnes & Noble and then went home to take a nap.  It was a nice afternoon.  By the time Thursday arrived, it felt like Monday.  It wasn't.  It was the end of the week, and I hadn't gotten any work done at all.  Oh, well, sometimes that happens, and I'm sure I will pay for that this week.  As you can see from these outfit photos, I'm feeling pretty refreshed.  You can expect to see me completely unrefreshed in tomorrow's outfit post.

What I'm Wearing:
Skirt & Cardigan: Urban Outfitters
Tanks: Gap
Shoes: Wanted Shoes
Jewelry: Necklace via Calypso St. Barth for Target

No comments:

Post a Comment